The Kentucky Correctional Institution for Women is proud to be a Tobacco-Free Environment.
All tobacco products and their use are strictly prohibited on our property. Leave all tobacco, matches, and/or lighters in your vehicle, tobacco is considered contraband.
Inmates at KCIW may receive visits at the following times:
- Saturday - 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Sunday - 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Designated Holidays - 8:30am to 3:00pm
To allow adequate time for process of visitors and some time for visits, visitors shall arrive at the Institution no less than on half hour before the end of visitation.
Bonding visits for children through age 3 may only be scheduled between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday thought Friday, with the exception of newborns. An inmate may visit with her newborn upon her return from the hospital and may be scheduled for any day of the week.
All bonding visits shall be scheduled through the Bonding Coordinator. The visits shall occur in the bonding room, Chapel, or the regular visiting area.
Special visits include attorneys, ministers, social services, or others with whom an inmate may need to conduct business. Special visits may only be scheduled between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Al special visits shall be scheduled through the inmate's Case Manager. (An attorney shall show their Bar card)
All visitors, excluding approved volunteers, clergy, legal, social services or other special visitors, shall be documented on the inmate's approved visitation list. Approved visitors may include unlimited immediate family, three other adults and children of the immediate family. Inmates may update their visitation lists twice each year during regular reclassification, and must provide addresses, Social Security Numbers and dates of birth of visitors.
- Visits may include three adults and an unlimited number of children.
- Visits with any group may be two hours induration. Time starts when the inmate arrives.
- All adult visitors shall be required to have proper picture identification and be on the inmates approved visiting list.
- All visitors shall be subject to search.
- Nothing may be received or sent out through visiting.
- A visitor may bring in only the items listed below:
- 1 picture Identification
- Car keys (without keychain or electronic door devices)
- $40.00 per person for vending machines
- 1 small, clear plastic change purse (no billfold)
- 1 pair prescription eyeglasses
- 1 coat
- Jewelry visitor is wearing
- Necessary medication that shall be in an authorized container
- A Visitor with a baby may bring the following
- 3 disposable diapers
- 1 small package of baby wipes
- 2 clear plastic baby bottles or sippy cups
- 1 pacifier
- 1 baby blanket
Dress Code for Visitors
The following dress code shall be followed:
- No visitor, child (other than and infant) or adult shall be admitted with bare feet
- Underclothes shall be worn. A female visitor shall wear a bra and panties
- A dress and skirt shall be allowed to have no more than a 2 inch slit in the back only. A dress and skirt shall be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. Wrap-around clothing shall not be allowed
- Low cut or provocative clothing shall not be allowed. Buttons shall be buttoned so that cleavage cannot be seen. Clothing made of sheer, transparent, net, or mesh material shall no be allowed
- A visitor shall not wear any garment which unduly exposes the shoulders, chest, back, stomach, midriff or underarms. Tank tops, string tops, muscle shirts, or halter tops shall not be allowed
- Shorts shall be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Any minor, age 12 or older shall comply with the adult dress code
- Profane, vulgar, inflammatory, offensive, or obscene wording, design, or insignias on any article of clothing shall not be allowed.