Visitation is suspended at the Kentucky Correctional Institution for Women until further notice due to electric equipment failure.
Beginning the week of June 20, 2021, all DOC Adult Institutions will be operating with new visitation protocols.
To see the visitation guidelines across all prison, click here.
To see the updated visitation information for KCIW, click here.
Dress Code for Visitors
The following dress code shall be followed:
- No visitor, child (other than and infant) or adult shall be admitted with bare feet
- Underclothes shall be worn. A female visitor shall wear a bra and panties
- A dress and skirt shall be allowed to have no more than a 2 inch slit in the back only. A dress and skirt shall be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. Wrap-around clothing shall not be allowed
- Low cut or provocative clothing shall not be allowed. Buttons shall be buttoned so that cleavage cannot be seen. Clothing made of sheer, transparent, net, or mesh material shall no be allowed
- A visitor shall not wear any garment which unduly exposes the shoulders, chest, back, stomach, midriff or underarms. Tank tops, string tops, muscle shirts, or halter tops shall not be allowed
- Shorts shall be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Closed toed shoes must be worn for visitation
- Any minor, age 12 or older shall comply with the adult dress code
- Profane, vulgar, inflammatory, offensive, or obscene wording, design, or insignias on any article of clothing shall not be allowed.