Probationers and Parolees can now get help and resources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling Toll Free
All regular felony offenders must abide by a set of rules known as the Conditions of Supervision. The conditions that all felons must follow include:
- I understand that I shall be subject to search and seizure without a warrant if my officer has a reasonable suspicion that I may have illegal drugs, alcohol or other contraband on my person or property.
- I understand that I shall not use or possess any alcoholic beverages (or enter any place where they are sold as the primary commodity, i.e. bars, nightclubs, liquor stores, etc.) or narcotics/controlled substances that are not currently prescribed to me by a licensed physician.
- I understand that I shall avoid associating with any convicted felon and shall not visit residents of jails or prisons unless permission is obtained from my officer and institutional or jail authority.
- I understand that I shall submit to alcohol and/or drug testing and shall pay for said testing if directed by my officer.
- I understand that my Probation and Parole Officer may visit my residence and place of employment at any time. I understand that I will maintain only one residence and shall not change my residence without approval of my officer.
- I shall work regularly and support my legal dependents. I will immediately report to my officer and change or loss of employment. If unemployed I will make every attempt to obtain bona fide employment.
- My designated area of supervision is and I will not leave this area without my officer's permission. I also understand that I do hereby agree to waive extradition to the State of Kentucky and also agree that I will not contest any effort by any other state to return me to the State of Kentucky. Failure to comply with the above will be deemed to be a violation of the terms and conditions of my release.
- I shall not violate any law o ordinance of this state, any other state or the United States. If I am arrested, cited, or served with a Criminal Summons/Emergency Protective Order/Domestic Violence Order or if I am questioned by any law enforcement official I will report this within 72 hours to my Probation and Parole Officer. I understand that I cannot serve as an informant or special agent for any law enforcement agency without written permission of the Court.
- I shall not harass or threaten any employee of the Kentucky Department of Corrections and agree to cooperate fully with any Probation and Parole Officer or any Peace Officer acting at the direction of a Probation and Parole Officer, during the course of my supervision. I shall not falsify any written or oral report to any employee of the Kentucky Department of Corrections.
- I understand that as a convicted felon that I shall not be permitted to purchase, own or have in my possession or control a firearm, ammunition, dangerous instrument or deadly weapon. I understand that I have lost the right to vote and hold public office. When I become eligible, I may apply for Restoration of Civil Rights at any Probation and Parole Office. Restoration of Civil Rights Does not five a convicted felon the right to purchase, own or possess a firearm.
- I understand that I have five (5) days from the date of an incident to file a written grievance with my officer.
The court or parole board may order special conditions of supervision to be added to the standard conditions above. Some examples of the these might include:
- Attending Drug Treatment
- Paying Restitution
- No Contact Orders
- Chile Support Payments
In addition to the special conditions set by the court or parole board, the Probation and Parole Officer may add conditions as necessary to ensure the offender's proper adjustment to community life. Examples of these might include:
- More Frequent Reporting
- Job Searches
Supplemental Conditions for Sex Offenders
In addition to the conditions listed above, convicted sex offenders may be required to abide by additional conditions. Examples of these conditions are:
- Proximity Requirements
- Sex Offender Registration
- Sex Offender Treatment