The Division of Probation and Parole cannot fulfill its mission alone. Proper offender reintegration requires resources that Probation and Parole field staff do not have. Sometime these resources are tangible and an offender simply needs help locating them, such as jobs and housing. Sometimes these resources are intangible and involve people sharing knowledge and wisdom with offenders, such as life skills issues.
The Division of Probation and Parole seeks volunteers from all walks of life who are willing to share their talents to assist offenders. Some areas that volunteers assist in include:
- Employment skills classes
- Locating employment
- Life skills classes
- Locating housing
- Financial skills classes
- Offender mentoring
Become a Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer is simple. It requires just 4 easy steps:
- Fill out an application and return it to your nearest Probation and Parole Office
- Complete a criminal history check. (Criminal history does not necessarily exclude you from service.)
- Speak briefly with a division representative
- Receive approval, training, and begin work
Scheduling depends completely on your availability.
For more information contact your local Probation and Parole Office