Note: Visitors must be checked in at the Front Lobby desk no later than 2:30pm to be allowed to visit. All visits can be up to two hours in length unless the Visiting Supervisor determines otherwise (i.e. due to excessive number of visits).
Segregation (AS) &
- General Visiting Rules
- Inmates may not receive a visit during their first weekend at EKCC.
- No more than 3 adult visitors shall visit an inmate during a contact visit.
- No more than 2 adult visitors shall visit an inmate during a (non-contact) controlled visit.
- Physical contact is limited to one brief kiss (no open mouth kissing is permitted) and hug at the beginning and end of each visit. Sexual stimulation or activity shall be strictly prohibited.
- Children must be kept under the parental control at all times.
- Infants (0-1 year) may be held by the inmate. All other children must be seated or held by visiting parent or guardian.
- All children must have Identification Card, Social Security Card or Birth Certificate before they will be allowed to visit and must be accompanied by an adult.
- If a minor is accompanied by a non-parent or guardian they shall be required to have the written, signed and notarized consent of the parent or guardian.
- Infants under the age of 6 months may visit unlimited time without a social security number, provided the person bringing them meet all the guidelines to visit.
- All minor children must have proper identification with them to be able to visit (i.e. Social Security Card, birth record, or picture identification).
- All trash must be placed in the appropriate containers at the end of each visit.
- Dress Code
- Visitors clothing and dress shall conform as close as possible to accepted dress within the community and shall require clothing to be in good taste as not to offend other visitors, staff and/or inmates. This includes:
- No spandex clothing.
- no tank tops or tube tops.
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be at least knee length.
- No sleeveless shirts (including see-through sleeves).
- Shirts must be capable of being tucked in to jeans, slacks, or skirts
- No low-cut or provocative clothing will be allowed (i.e. tight fitting pants, low-cut shirts, fishnet clothing).
- Appropriate undergarments must be work (i.e. bra, panties, underwear, a slip worn with a dress).
- No hats, coats, gloves or scarves are permitted.
- Shoes shall be worn at all times. Shoes shall be closed toe. Unauthorized footwear includes: sandals, clogs, crocs and flip flops.
- No tissue paper or handkerchiefs are permitted.
- No gum, mints, candy, etc. will be permitted.
- Items Allowed in the Visiting Room
- Thirty-dollar limit ($30 in $1 bills and silver change).
- Vehicle keys (1 vehicle key. No key chains or keyless remotes will be permitted).
- Clear plastic bag or coin purse for money.
- Essential infant items
- 1 plastic bottle
- 3 diapers
- no toys, no wipes, no blankets, and no glass baby food jars will be permitted
- Visitors may leave a US Postal Money Order for the inmates in a locked box at the front lobby reception.
- Visitors may wear 1 watch, 1 ring, 1 necklace, and 1 pair of earrings.
- Visitors may not wear bracelets or have any visible body piercings (nose rings, eyebrow rings, lip rings, etc.) other than ears.
- Any Items not allowed in the visiting room shall be placed in lobby lockers. Any items left at the front reception desk will be disposed of by staff.
- All visitor pockets must be emptied at the metal detector near the visiting room entrance.
- All allowed medication must be left at the visiting room desk with the visiting room officers.
- Any violation of the above-listed rules will result in immediate termination of the visit and/or disciplinary action.
- Items not allowed in the Visiting Room
- No cameras, cell phone or recording devices are allowed.
- These devices must be left inside the secured vehicle.
- All tobacco products must be left inside the secured vehicle (cigarettes, chew, dip).
NOT allowed on institutional grounds
- No knives, guns, or anything that could cause bodily harm are permitted on institutional grounds.
- There is no smoking or use of tobacco products on institutional grounds.
- Any visit may be terminated immediately at the discretion of the visiting room/area supervisor id he/she determines an incident to be of a serious nature.