Please be advised, video visits for Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex inmates began Monday, June 27, 2022. The visits will occur Monday thru Friday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and will be (25) minutes in duration. Visitors will initiate the request to visit. They may schedule up to (30) days in advance and no later than (48) hours prior to the requested visitation date. Initially, each General Population inmate will be allowed (3) video visits per month. This is in addition to the (3) in-person visits allowed per month.
Visits are conducted on Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays. Visits will be two hours, and each inmate will be allowed three visits per month that must be scheduled and approved before visiting.
Saturday (State Holidays) will be GP, and GP restricted visits.
Sunday will be GP and RHU visits. (Inmates on Max Assaultive Status not eligible)
9:00am -11:00am Administrative Segregation/Disciplinary Segregation
1:00pm-3:00pm Protective Custody Requests.
VISITOR RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
I. No more than three (3) visitors shall visit an inmate during a contact visit. If a child can walk, they are counted as one of the three.
- No more than two (2) visitors shall visit an inmate during a controlled visit.
- Physical contact within the bounds of good taste shall be permitted at the beginning and end of each visit. (One brief kiss and hug).
- Sexual stimulation or activity shall be strictly prohibited.
- Children must be always kept under the parents' control.
- An infant (0-1 year) may be held by the inmate. All other children must be seated or held by the visiting parent or guardian.
- All trash must be placed in the appropriate containers at the end of each visit.
- Each visitor, if needed, must make restroom visits prior to going through the body scanner and entering the visitation area. Once the visitor is in the visitation area and wants a restroom visit the visit for that individual will be concluded at that time. If a visitor has a medical issue that would interfere with this mandatory procedure, they must present medical documentation prior to their scheduled visit.
1. Visitors scheduled for visitation 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. must arrive on grounds no earlier than 8:00
a.m. and no later than 8:45 a.m.
2. Visitors scheduled for visitation 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. must arrive on grounds no earlier than noon and no later than 12:45 p.m.
3. If there is an emergency that would delay the visitor (must be verified) an exception may be made by the Supervisor in Visitation. The visitor must call and relay what the situation is and why they would be late. A decision will be made at that time.
VISITORS CLOTHING AND DRESS SHALL CONFORM AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE TO ACCEPTED DRESS WITHIN THE COMMUNITY AND SHALL REQUIRE CLOTHING TO BE IN GOOD TASTE AS NOT TO OFFEND OTHER VISITORS, STAFF, AND /OR INMATES. THIS INCLUDES:
- No spandex clothing
- No tank tops or tube tops
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be at least knee length.
- No sleeveless shirts or see-through sleeves.
- Shirts must be capable of being tucked into jeans, slacks, or skirts.
- No low-cut or provocative clothing will be allowed (I.E., tight-fitting pants, low-cut shirts, fishnet clothing or leggings.)
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn. (I.E., bra, panties, underwear, a slip worn with a dress.)
- No hats are permitted.
- Visitors must wear shoes. (I.E., no open fronts or backs, no flip flops.)
- Gloves are not allowed.
ITEMS ALLOWED IN THE VISITING ROOM
- Vehicle keys, jackets/ sweaters, and umbrellas must be left in the Front Lobby lockers.
- Thirty-dollar limit ($30 in $1 bills and/ or silver change)
- Clear container for money (plastic baggie or coin purse)
- Visitors may wear one (1) watch, one (1) ring, one (1) necklace and one (1) pair of earrings. Absolutely no bracelets.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED IN THE VISITING ROOM SHALL BE RETURNED TO THE VISITOR'S VEHICLE. ITEMS LEFT IN FRONT RECEPTION WILL BE DISPOSED OF BY STAFF.
ANY VISIT MAY BE TERM INATED IMMEDIATELY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE VISING AREA SUPERVISOR IF HE/ SHE DETERMINES AN INCIDENT TO E OF A SERIOUS NATURE. ANY VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE LISTED RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE VISIT AND/ OR DISCIPLINARY ACTION.