Visitation at EKCC has resumed as of April 23, 2022 by appointment only.
Visitation can be schedule by contacting email@example.com.
All COVID restrictions will be applied and adhered to.
All visitors must provide proof of vaccination upon arrival.
Days and times will vary by institution. Inmates are allowed two visitors at a time and visits must be scheduled at least one week in advance. All visitors must provide proof of vaccination upon arrival.
Please see visitation guidelines here. If you have additional questions about a specific facility, or would like to schedule an appointment to visit, please see the contact information below.
To schedule an appointment to visit, please email
Effective May 1, 2022, the following are the visitation guidelines for the Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex.
- To visit, visitors must provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. This includes visitors under the age of 18 years old. All visitors must be fully vaccinated to enter. If you cannot provide proof, you will not be admitted.
- Visitors must be on the offender's approved visitation list and have a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors are required to schedule their visit at least one week in advance.
- Each inmate will be allowed two adult visitors or one adult and up to two children at a time due to social distancing requirements.
- Absolutely no physical contact between the visitors and inmates is permitted at any time during the visit.
- No items other than an identification card and vehicle key are allowed inside the institution.
- No food, access to vending machines, or microwave use shall be permitted during the visit.
- If a COVID-19 outbreak occurs at the prison, it will immediately begin to operate under controlled containment, and visitation will be suspended until further notice.
- Visitation procedures and requirements are subject to change. All visitors should check the website or with prison staff prior to visiting to see if there are any updates or changes.
- Failure to abide by these visitation rules may result in your visitation being canceled or suspended.
- Masks are required.
Visits are conducted on Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays. Visits will be two hours, and each inmate will be allowed two visits per month.
Saturday (State Holidays) will be GP, and GP restricted visits.
Sunday will be GP and RHU visits. (Inmates on Max Assaultive Status not eligible)
9:00am -11:00am Administrative Segregation/Disciplinary Segregation
1:00pm-3:00pm Protective Custody Requests.