Days and times will vary by institution. Inmates are allowed two visitors at a time and visits must be scheduled at least one week in advance.
Please see visitation guidelines here. If you have additional questions about a specific facility, or would like to schedule an appointment to visit, please see the contact information below.
To schedule an appointment to visit, please email
Please be advised, video visits for Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex inmates began Monday, June 27, 2022. The visits will occur Monday thru Friday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and will be (25) minutes in duration. Visitors will initiate the request to visit. They may schedule up to (30) days in advance and no later than (48) hours prior to the requested visitation date. Initially, each General Population inmate will be allowed (2) video visits per month. This is in addition to the (2) in-person visits allowed per month.
Visitors must have the correct spelling and accurate information (as submitted for in-person visits - as it is in KOMS) in order to be approved on the Securus site to schedule video visits.
Effective May 1, 2022, the following are the visitation guidelines for the Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex.
- Visitors must be on the offender's approved visitation list and have a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors are required to schedule their visit at least one week in advance.
- Each inmate will be allowed two adult visitors or one adult and up to two children at a time due to social distancing requirements.
- Absolutely no physical contact between the visitors and inmates is permitted at any time during the visit.
- No items other than an identification card and vehicle key are allowed inside the institution.
- No food, access to vending machines, or microwave use shall be permitted during the visit.
- If a COVID-19 outbreak occurs at the prison, it will immediately begin to operate under controlled containment, and visitation will be suspended until further notice.
- Visitation procedures and requirements are subject to change. All visitors should check the website or with prison staff prior to visiting to see if there are any updates or changes.
- Failure to abide by these visitation rules may result in your visitation being canceled or suspended.
- Masks are required.
Visits are conducted on Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays. Visits will be two hours, and each inmate will be allowed two visits per month.
Saturday (State Holidays) will be GP, and GP restricted visits.
Sunday will be GP and RHU visits. (Inmates on Max Assaultive Status not eligible)
9:00am -11:00am Administrative Segregation/Disciplinary Segregation
1:00pm-3:00pm Protective Custody Requests.