The Kentucky Department of Corrections is resuming visitation at all 14 prisons beginning the week of June 20. The following guidelines are subject to change. Visitation days and times will vary by institution.
Please visit www.corrections.ky.gov
for any updates.
Below is a list of visiting requirements at all prisons:
- In order to visit, visitors must provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. All visitors must be fully vaccinated in order to enter. If you cannot provide proof, you will not be admitted.
- Anyone entering a DOC facility is required to answer questions regarding recent travel activity and current health symptoms.
- Visitors must be on the offender's approved visitation list and have a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors are required to schedule their visit at least one week in advance.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Masks must be worn by inmates, visitors, and staff at all times.
- Visitors shall provide their own mask.
- Temperature checks shall be performed on all visitors, inmates and staff assigned to visiting.
- Each inmate will be allowed only two visitors at a time due to social distancing requirements.
- Absolutely no physical contact between the visitor and inmate is permitted at any time during the visit.
- No items other than an identification card and vehicle key are allowed inside the institution.
- No food, access to vending machines, or microwave use shall be permitted during the visit.
- If a COVID-19 outbreak occurs at a prison, it will immediately begin to operate under controlled containment, and visitation will be suspended until further notice.
- Visitation procedures and requirements are subject to change. All visitors should check the website or with prison staff prior to visiting to see if there are any updates or changes.
- Failure to abide by these visitation rules may result in your visitation being canceled or suspended.
- Virtual visits will continue at all facilities for the foreseeable future.
To see the visitation schedule for a specific prison, or to learn more about their visitation procedures, please click on their page below: