The Victim Services Branch (VSB) provides a broad range of information-related services to help victims stay informed about their offender during his/her incarceration and supervision status. Victims may call 24/7 to receive automated information through the VINE system at 800-511-1670 regarding offenders or call 877-687-6818 during regular business hours to speak directly to an VSB staff member.
The following is a partial listing of services provided by the Office of Victim Services.
- Assistance with the Kentucky VINE, Vine Court Service, and VINE Protective Order
- Information about the custody status of an inmate
- Referrals for victim restitution inquiries
- Processing of requests for written notification of release
- Training for criminal justice personnel
- Attending statewide conferences that bring victims, victim advocates, service providers, and criminal justice professionals together to train, share information, and network
- Site visits to institutions, county jails, and victim service providers across the state to educate individuals about VINE and to distribute VINE materials offered by OVS
- Process Victim Impact Statement; schedule and attend victim parole hearings
Notice of Release Request
Victim's (defined in KRS 421.500) can request a notification in writing of the offender's release. The notice shall give the residence of the person released and the name of the person to whom he or she was released. This service is only available to victim of crimes defined in KRS 421.500.
Notice of Release Request Form