Evidence-Based Programs or Life Skills
House Bill 284 amended KRS 439.268- providing the opportunity for any supervised individual on probation, probation with an alternative sentence, or conditional discharge to receive program credit for the following: Successfully completing a drug treatment program, evidence based program, or any other promising practice or life skills program approved by the department. The Division of Reentry Services shall review and approve completion of an evidence based or any other promising practice or life skills program and enter program credit days awarded.
Who can become an approved program facilitator?
- Must be affiliated with an approved DOC agency;
- Not be on current state or federal supervised release, probation, or parole.
- If the facilitator was previously on state or federal supervised release, probation, or parole, one year must have passed since the completion date.
Approved facilitators must:
- Provide a program. The program shall include a curriculum as outlined in the DOC Community Course Catalog.
- Complete the required facilitator certification training and maintain that certification as outlined by DOC.
- Complete any training outlined by DOC policies and procedures.
- Comply with DOC Quality Assurance, DOC policies and procedures.
- Must agree to sign Memorandum of Understanding.
Eligible applicants must complete the application and return it to the contact provided.Outside Facilitator Application
Available programs include:
- Portal New Directions (PND)
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Parenting and Family Values
- Soft Skills Boot Camp (SSBC)
- Thinking for Change
Approved Facilitator List:
Fresh Start Educational & Counseling Center
Facilitator: Steven M. Kelsey; Psy. D; PH.D; M.Ed; LPCC
4936 Hazelwood Ave.
Louisville, KY 40216
2nd Hope Ministries
Facilitator: Charles Ray Smith
1501 Lytle St. - Dismas Charities Inc.
Louisville, KY 40223
Logan County SkillsU
Facilitator: Angela Roberston or Archie Beck
121 S. Spring St.
Russellville, KY 42276
New Hope Family Life Ministries, Inc.
Facilitator: Pastor Chris Johnson
1582 Hill St.
Radcliff, KY 40160
New Legacy Reentry Corporation
Facilitator: Emmanuel Muyenza or Therron Cunningham
1115 Garvin Place
Louisville, KY 40203
Glencair Marriage & Family Therapy Center, Inc.
Facilitator: Tyler Flynn
501 Darby Creek Rd. Suite 67
Lexington, KY 40509
375 Townbranch Rd. Suite 2
Manchester, KY 40962
Clients won't be eligible to receive Program Good Time Credit unless the program provider has been approved for inclusion on the approved facilitator list.