RULES & REGULATIONS
A. Visiting Hours:
Inmates may receive visits on weekends and state holidays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. New visitors shall not enter the Complex after 2:00 p.m. Visitors shall exit the institutional grounds by 3:10 p.m.
B. Entry and Identification of Visitors:
- Visitors shall stop at Post One giving proper identification including vehicle license number. The officer shall direct the visitor to the visitors parking and visiting area. Each visitor shall sign in with the visiting Officer located at the Gym.
- Visitor's car and person shall be subject to search in accordance with CPPs 9.6, 9.8 and 16.1.
- Visitors shall park in designated parking lot across the road from the gym. Upon exiting the vehicle, it shall be securely locked with all windows rolled up and all items locked up that are in the back of pick-up trucks. Vehicles need to be secured.
- Visitors shall enter the visiting area from the front entrance through the left front door to the gym. Once a visitor enters the visiting area they shall not be allowed to return to their vehicle except for leaving the Complex. If, after being advised of this rule, a person violates it, the visit shall be terminated.
- Visitors leaving the Complex shall not be allowed to return to the Complex until the next scheduled visiting day.
- Due to space limitation of the visiting area, inmates shall not be permitted more than three (3) approved adult visitors per visiting period.
- Visitors in need of a prescription drug during a visit shall be required to bring NO MORE THAN THE EXACT dosage for that day and it shall be in the original container. This must be reported to the Post 1 Officer prior to the visitor entering the visiting area.
- Visitors shall be prohibited from bringing any food or drinks to the visiting area. Vending machines shall be provided. BCC staff, visitors or inmates shall not shake any vending machine for any reason. See the Vending Officer if machine malfunctions and a refund is required. Inmates are not allowed in vending area.
- Visitors shall be assigned a table by a Visiting Officer and directed to the seat until the inmate to be visited arrives. Visitors may be required to share tables. Visiting shall not be allowed in the bleacher or stage area.
- Visiting Officers shall have the authority to determine seating arrangements.
- If visitor requires a shaded area when visiting occurs outside, visitor shall have on file with BCC a copy of the doctor's explanation. A visitor shall bring a copy with them to the visit so the Visiting Officer can have it on file.
- Visitors shall be required to remain in the immediate visiting area. Children shall remain with parents at all times and parents shall be responsible for the supervision of children. Visitors shall remain seated at their assigned tables if the inmate being visited is not at the table. Both the inmate and the visitor shall not be authorized to be away from the table at the same time unless authorized by the Visiting Officer.
- Pets shall not be allowed on the Complex.
- Visitors shall wear undergarments to include bra, panties and underwear. Sheer dresses and skirts shall require slips.
Visitors shall be dressed properly. Modest attire shall include the following:
- Blouses or shirts shall be recommended as appropriate for females.
- Shorts shall be allowed for females, but shall extend no less than mid-thigh or six (6) inches above the knee.
- Male visitors shall wear long pants or shorts. Shorts shall be no less than mid thigh or six (6) inches above the knee and a long or short sleeve shirt.
THE FOLLOWING CLOTHING SHALL BE PROHIBITED:
- Clothing with a split or slit of any type
- Clothing which does not completely cover the midriff, cleavage, or bosom
- Short-shorts, mini-skirts or halter tops
- Tank top, muscle shirt, sleeveless tops or see through clothing of any kind
- Head coverings of any kind, including a headband excluding religious religious head covering
- Blouses shall be buttoned to conceal cleavage
The Shift Supervisor shall review and observe any questionable attire and make a determination if visit is to be allowed or terminated. Visitor shall be allowed to visit the next day if attire complies with policy.
- A copy of the BCC Visiting Rules and Regulations shall be at the Visiting Desk.
C. Entry of Inmates
- Inmates shall enter the visiting area through the rear entrance of the gym. Institutional ID, locker key and wedding band shall be only items allowed into the visiting area.
- Inmates shall be fully dressed in inmate uniforms.
- Inmates and their visitors shall not be allowed to sit beside each other.
- At the conclusion of a visit, inmates shall remain at assigned table or in an assigned area until the Visiting Officer has cleared the visiting area of Visitors.
D. The Visit: BCC also requires the following guidelines:
- Visitors shall not be allowed to leave any personal belongings, money, or packages for the inmate unless approved by the Warden.
- Visitors shall not have more than fifteen (15) dollars in change (quarters only) for vending machines in their possession. All change shall be in a clear container only. Paper money shall not be allowed in the visiting area.
- Purses, wallets or handbags shall not be allowed in the visiting area.
- Cell phones shall not be allowed in visiting area. Cell phones must be locked in vehicles.
- Table coverings, place mats, blankets, beach towels, newspapers, or magazines shall not be allowed.
- Visitors shall not be permitted to bring any type of food or drink into the visiting area for any reason.
- Strollers, play pens, swings, walkers or diaper bags shall not be allowed on inside or outside visits. Infant Carriers shall be allowed for infants.
- Visitors who bring anything other than what is approved above shall be required to put them in the trash as the Visiting Officer shall not be allowed to watch or keep.
- Inmates shall not join visitors until the visitor has completed registration and is seated.
- Only the Shift Supervisor shall have the authority to deny or terminate a visit. If a visit is denied or terminated for any reason, the Shift Supervisor shall prepare a written report to the Warden explaining in detail the reason for denial or termination. If a visit is terminated for unruly behavior, inappropriate conduct or illegal or possible illegal activity, the visitor shall be informed that they shall not be allowed re-entry to visit without written permission from the Warden.
E. General Information:
- Visitors shall be either inside the gym or outside on the front lawn of the gym. Visits shall not be permitted both inside and outside at the same time.
- Restricted areas shall be posted and strictly enforced.
- Inmates shall not be allowed to enter the parking lot or a visitor's vehicle for any reason.
- Visiting Officers shall have total responsibility for supervision of visiting and shall enforce visiting regulations. It shall be the Visiting Officer's responsibility to call attention to any breach of regulations. If a visitor ignores the instructions of an officer, the visit may be terminated. Instructions may include:
- Refraining from making loud noise, making an obscene or sexual gesture or contact, disrupting the visits of others, and other unacceptable behavior.
- The necessity of bringing adequate identification on a subsequent visit.
- Unacceptable attire.
- Institutional count times during visits occur at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. At these times the gate will be closed and inmates will not be called to the visiting area until count has cleared. All visitors and inmates will remain seated until count clears.
- Inmates and visitors shall be allowed to kiss and embrace once at start of visit and once at the conclusion of visit. Brief physical contact such as holding hands, kissing and embracing shall be permitted within the bounds of good taste and only at the beginning and end of the visit.
- Visiting Officer shall not accept any article or gift of any kind from the inmate or visitor.
Taxi Companies in Lexington
Yellow Cab/Wildcat Taxi - (859)225-2227 or (859) 231-8294
Greyhound Bus Lines in Lexington
Local: (859) 299-8804
Fares and Schedule Information: (800) 231-2222